Welcome

Welcome and thank-you for stopping by my blog. I appreciate you spending your time visiting and would love to hear your comments. I can also stop by and say hi to you.

Vicki xx

Tuesday, March 8, 2011

Health and Holidays, grateful day 14.

Banyan Figs, New Farm Park, Brisbane.
These trees watch the children at play in the amazing park. 
Chantal contemplating
The more I think about being grateful the more I realize that I have taken some aspects of my life for granted. My children's health is vitally important to me, their physical, emotional and mental health, I strive to make sure they eat healthily, I give them extra nutrients, fresh foods, I don't factor fast foods into our diet at all, if we travel by car I prepare food to take. I also keep an eye on their sleep, I try to make sure that they are well rested, there's a lot for the brain to take in at school. I also try to keep a balance with a calm, happy and peaceful home life, I play beautiful music across the spectrum, I burn fragrant oils, I have flowers or palms from the garden, I display books every week, just for interest, I plan days out at the theatre, the art gallery, the botanical gardens but yet I don't consciously acknowledge my thanks.  At school, with friends, just going about the typical day brings them into contact with all sorts of stressors, especially now as the girls are in their final year of schooling, the pressure is on the get the passes for the University courses they want to get into.  Everything just works so well when we are healthy but rarely do I give it more thought than that until I see people who are challenged with health problems and that's when I feel humble and grateful.

Alexandria with shells.

Beach flowers


Berkelouw Book Barn, Southern Highlands, such a find! Fire in winter, cafe, open paddocks...


On holidays I like to discover interesting things, and it could be anything from a bookshop or a plaque on a garden wall. I've come to realise that I'm not the exciting type of mother who takes their children on rollar coasters or camping in the wilds. Although they can all ski and sail and swim like fish, the son rides motoX and one descends from helicopters,I have suffered and taken them to the theme parks, I just prefer to have my feet planted!
The rummage shed at Berkelouw.


Pilgrams at Milton, our healthy food cafe.


Tomaree Mountain, Nelson Bay, a great walk with a view to take your breath away.

I will try to keep my gratitude in full awareness. I need to be mindful.
Take care, thank you for reading and have a lovely day,
Vickixx

9 comments:

deux chiens et un garcon said...

Oh! there is our local book barn. Holidays with family are very special. Vicki, the way you describe the rhythm of your home it is very inspiring and so thoughtful. I love looking at the little things too. It is so telling what can catch your eye. Hope you are having a good day.
xx Jill

Vicki said...

Hi Jill,

Is that your book shoppe? Isn't it wonderful, there's another two in Sydney and they have philosophy evenings...shame we live so far away!Canberra has some amazing bookshops too, if you're ever there have a look at a second hand shop, Beyond Q in Curtin, you will be amazed at the range and amount of books, 3ks' of shelving, cafe and some beautiful old bookmarks and postcards.
Vickixx

Helen said...

Hi Vicki, I've always been of the opinion that without our health nothing can be achieved... Berkelouw, Tomaree... they look like wonderful places, and now I know they are there!

Happy weekend :)

liz said...

Hi Vicki. I have just found your comment on my blog, thankyou so much for your kind words and for stopping by. I have loved looking through your blog posts, you live in a very beautiful place, it looks so lovely! I love the picture of the healthy cafe, that would be right up my street, and the mountain walk, how great is that! You look you have a lot of good places to go. I would love to visit one day, but am unsure how long it would take to save for us all to fly! You are very right on how much we all have to be grateful for, there is so much that can be taken for granted, it is good to think over how lucky we are on a regular basis. I look forward to reading more soon. Best wishes, Liz

devonmama said...

You're so right - without health everything else in life is so much harder. Your home sounds like such a lovely place for you all xx

Susan said...

Lovely sentiments. Yes, there are many things to be grateful for in this life.
On the television last night, a Japanese lady was interviewed and she said that she'd just like to be able to "go home and live normally". A simple statement, a fervent wish, which made me so grateful for my home and my normal life :D)

Ro from Earthdownunder said...

Lovely sounding home. Nice pictures too. Good luck with the exams. I reckon ur kids can be grateful for their mum.

Linda said...

Hello Vicki, thanks for following my blog. I'm delighted to discover your world! We have daughters at almost the same stage - mine is going into her final school year in August and is researching university choices at the moment. We're off to an open day this week in fact.
Like you, I'm not the one to do hugely adventurous things with my children - luckily for them they've been able to do them through school without me!

Small Things Simple Pleasures said...

You've been traipsing around places I know and love, so feel like I've popped back to Milton, Berry and Maclean without spending a cent on petrol. Thanks!