Welcome

Welcome and thank-you for stopping by my blog. I appreciate you spending your time visiting and would love to hear your comments. I can also stop by and say hi to you.

Vicki xx

Tuesday, June 7, 2011

Mirth.

Real Joy.
Mirth...also known by her other names, joy, cheer, happiness, joviality, lightheartedness, delight, vivacity, merriment...

Inspiration.
Everyday I try to wear this coat of organic happiness, to exude a simple joy and with that comes a paring down of our life. The world, the news, the push and shove of the academic pathway for the girls, the pressure to use minimal resources, to be informed, to keep up is not how I want to live. I want a simple life, to be able to give of what I can to contribute to the community and hold onto a quality of life that is in how we treat each other,how and what we eat, how we talk to each other, what we read, what we see and what we do.

Often a legacy is not in tangible items. I have no antiques or expensive jewellery but I have a way of living that I hope my children will take with them into their future and that it will be there to shore them up if they need or want it.
Here's hoping, always,

Keep smiling,

Vickixx

8 comments:

Kimmie said...

I adore your blog!

Suze said...

This is absolutely beautiful, Vicki.

Linda said...

I do know what you mean. Especially about the academic pressures. It's important to maintain a counterbalance to that.
I was interested to read your comment on my blog about your girls' academic pathway. Homework pressure is serious here too, but not quite at that level. However, my daughter's violin teacher wants her to be doing at least 3 hours practice a night, which together with homework would mean her getting to bed at midnight every weekday. And they tell them to get a decent amount of sleep, when she needs to be up at 6.30 to get the bus to school! Yes, a counterbalance to all this is needed.

liz said...

If that is not something to aspire to, I don't know what is! Thankyou for sharing this, just what I needed to read after a few long and hard weeks. Its sometimes hard to remain positive when times are hard, but actually in remembering to take pleasure in the simple things in life, life never gets too bad.

Susan said...

Beautiful aspirations and, because you live them day by day, they're being absorbed by your children :D)

Olga said...

I enjoyed reading your post. It is beautiful and honest.

Anonymous said...

You're so right! And, as your top photo shows so well, if we take joy in life, that communicates itself to others. I agree we can't really ever measure the value and quality of life by the usual "things". Thanks for the reminder!

Vicki said...

Thank you Kimmie, you're so sweet!

Merci Suze, I appreciate your words very much.

Hi Linda, it seems that we are in a very similar place, 3 hours per night on music seems extreme but that's what is needed to reach the top, your daughter has talent or the teacher wouldn't want that much work done but my goodness where do you find the balance? I should write a post on our experiences but it may not be believed!

Hi Liz, you have such a lot on your plate at the moment! I think you've hit the nail on the head, it's the remembering to be appreciative, if we could only do that now on a 10 minute basis!

Thanks Susan, I really do hope so.

And thank you Olga, it's so nice to have such positive feedback.

Hi Christine, yes, you are so right, when I'm with the darling Kristian my face is sore at the end of the day from all the laughing and smiling, it's just such a natural thing for little ones.